Friday 25 February 2011

Birthday Party for Hubby


Its been almost a year since we moved to Tarn et Garonne and as it was my husbands birthday recently I thought it would be nice to organise a get together. I enjoy entertaining and equally enjoy the preparation so invited a number of our french friends from the farm and Auvillar and as well as some English ones.

So, last Saturday I trundled off to the local market and supermarket to get the provisions required and set to in the kitchen. Chicken Curry, chili and lasagne as well as raspberry pavlova, lemon meringue pie and a coffee and walnut cake for the celebratory bit. Candles were restricted to one as I did not want any issues with fire alarms and singed hair!

I felt in control and organised for once as I wasn't trying to cook too many things at once, which in a kitchen with little worktop space is not the easiest thing to do. Unbelievably, I finished and had washed up with half an hour to spare before guests arrived. I grabbed the chance to get changed and put some slap on! First guests arrived on the dot of 7pm and there was a steady trickle of arrivals until 8pm. Dinner was served, happy birthday sung in two languages and a convivial evening was had by all.

Roll on the summer when I can do it all over again outside by the pool and do a BBQ, I will find any excuse for a knees up!

No comments:

Post a Comment