Monday 31 May 2010

Worried about my level of French!

After being here for two months, we have managed quite well with the language issues, but I am now feeling like my French is not good enough. Everyone tells me I am fine, but I am getting frustrated because I want to chat and make small talk and cannot do so.

Feeling a bit out of my depth when we get phone calls and panic a bit. Perhaps I just am trying to run before I walk, but I just want to be fluent. Find it hard trying to explain homework to my 8 yr old and even messed up writing a cheque in front of the head mistress at the school this afternoon. Feeling a bit stupid!

Is this normal to be feeling this way?

1 comment:

  1. I think you will find that you are forgiven an awful lot so long as you are seen to make an effort.

    Really hope everything is going well for you all.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete